Large kitchen knife used to slice large pieces of cooked meat, roasts, fish or poultry.
The handle of the Chroma Type 301 kitchen knives is designed by F.A. Porsche, who designed the legendary Porsche 911 and it is made of stainless steel. The blade is made of high quality Japanese 301 steel and is carefully sharpened. In 2015, Chroma introduced the same knives with a classic and hammered style. In addition to the new knife look, the hammered blade is a non-stick blade.
The Chroma Type 301 knives stand out for:
- An ergonomic handle – designed by F.A. Porsche working with the chef of the decade, Jörg Wörther.
- Hammered non-stick blade.
- 57-58 HRC.
- A metal “pearl” that clearly demarcates the end of the handle, for better control when cutting.
- A seamless perfection and hygienic transition from blade to handle.
- Well balanced knife.
- A special grinding method is used, so the knife stays sharp longer and is easier to sharpen.
- That it is beloved by famous gourmet chefs.
- The out of the box sharpness is one of the best in the industry.
Please note the following instructions to insure the knife remains in optimal condition for years to come:
- Never place the knife in the dishwasher. Hand wash and dry after every use.
- Regularly sharpen the knife using the original Type 301 whetstone. Under no circumstances should a sharpening steel be used, as it will damage the blade.
- Store the knife in a safe, secure manner, for example, in a knife block so the blade is not left exposed.
- Only use wooden or plastic cutting boards, never marble or glass when cutting with a Type 301.
- Only use the knife to prepare food. Do not use it to cut frozen foods, bones, or as a utility knife.
Ideally, the knife should be sharpened daily (for professional cooks) or about every six months (for hobby cooks), and by the same person each time. Each person has an individual angle at which he or she sharpens the knife. The blade of the knife becomes sharper each time it is sharpened in the same manner, by the same person. Read the instructions included with your whetstone carefully. Sharpening with a 301 whetstone is so simple that even beginners can quickly master the technique required.
Knives with a serrated blade, such as the bread and tomato knives, should only be sharpened by a certified professional.
Chroma is a kitchen knife-maker company based in Demorest, Georgia, USA created in 1989. Chroma knives are manufactured in the best factories and are made of the finest and strongest modern high-grade steel. They are extremely sharp and hold their edge for a very long time. Thus, you can spend more time enjoying your food and less time sharpening.