A knife set is the best way to start a cutlery collection and a great gift option.
- Chef’s knife, blade length: 200 mm – 7.8″, ref. G-2.
- Carving knife, blade length: 130 mm – 5.1″, ref. GS-3.
- Paring knife, blade length: 90 mm – 3.5″, ref. GS-38.
- Made of Cromova 18, a high quality stainless steel designed exclusively for Global knives and utensils. It contains a 18% of Chromium, that contributes to stain resistance, and also molybdenum and vanadium, to improve edge retention.
- 56-58 HRC.
- Ergonomic handle, with black dots.
- Global knives should be sharpened regularly to be kept in good condition. They should not be sharpened with traditional metal sharpening steels since they are too abrasive for Global kitchen knives. Ceramic sharpening steels are kinder to the blades and give the knives a fine edge.
- We recommend that you wash the Global knives by hand with dishwashing liquid and warm water, and then rinse and dry the knife with a towel immediately. It is very important not to use the dishwasher with the Global kitchen knives, in order to protect the edge and to avoid exposure to extreme heat and powerful detergents.
- Made in Japan.
These Global knives are ground on both sides of the blade, just the Western kitchen knives. However, Global edges are ground steeply to a point like figure A, and to an acute angle. Western knives use a bevelled edge (Fig B). The straight edge results in a dramatically sharper knife which stays sharper longer.
Global, a Japanese knife-maker based in Seki (Japan), famous for its high quality products since 1985. Each knife is weighted to guarantee a perfect balance, like Samurai swords in the past. A lot of well-known chefs use Global knives and they are used on TV cookery programmes.