The utility knife is a kitchen knife used for cutting vegetables, meat or cheese of medium or small size.
Global SAI represents the ultimate Global knife, a knife for professional and amateur chefs. The Global SAI range has been designed by Komin Yamada who also designed the first Global knife. Yamada has designed this knife, different from the original Global knife, to express the evolution of the world, creating a real piece of art.
- The blade material is made of a central extreme hard core and two external corrosion resistant stainless steel layers.
- The external edges are made of the same steel as the handle making the join between the blade and the handle stronger.
- The core is made of Cromova 18, a high quality stainless steel designed exclusively for Global knives and utensils. It contains a 18% of Chromium, that contributes to stain resistance, and also molybdenum and vanadium, to improve edge retention.
- Hammered blade.
- The handle is ergonomic and has 7 dots that represent the 7 virtues of the Samurai: integrity (Gi), courage (yuu), compassion (Jin), respect (Rei), honesty (Makoto), honour (Meiyo) and loyalty (chuugi).
- The hammered finish not only looks modern and stylish but also creates small air pockets between knife and food to avoid sticking.
- 58-59 HRC.
- Global knives should be sharpened regularly to be kept in good condition. They should not be sharpened with traditional metal sharpening steels since they are too abrasive for Global kitchen knives. Ceramic sharpening steels are kinder to the blades and give the knives a fine edge.
- We recommend that you wash the Global knives by hand with dishwashing liquid and warm water, and then rinse and dry the knife with a towel immediately. It is very important not to use the dishwasher with the Global kitchen knives, in order to protect the edge and to avoid exposure to extreme heat and powerful detergents.
- Made in Japan.
Global, a Japanese knife-maker based in Seki (Japan), famous for its high quality products since 1985. Each knife is weighted to guarantee a perfect balance, like Samurai swords in the past. A lot of well-known chefs use Global knives and they are used on TV cookery programmes.