A Chinese chef’s knife is a rectangular-bladed, all-purpose kitchen knife used in China and other Asian countries to prepare different types of meat, fish, and vegetables. The popularity of this kitchen knife has spread as well as the Asian cuisines. They look like Western cleavers , but Chinese chef’s knives are usually thin-bladed and designed for chopping, slicing, dicing, and mincing vegetables, fish, and boneless meats.
The KAI Shun Classic Japanese kitchen knives are one of the best damask steel series and are very appreciated by professional and hobby chefs.
- Made from stainless damask steel with 32 layers.
- The core layer is made from VG MAX steel, corrosion-resistant and extremely hard (61 HRC, 1% carbon and 1.5% cobalt).
- The manual honing and the convex cut of the blade of each Kai Shun knife provide a great sharpness that allows the cutting through even the toughest material.
- Pakka wood handle.
- Every KAI Shun knife is unique and unmistakable. By refining the natural beauty of the damask grain, each Kai Shun kitchen knife gets its individual character.
- Inspired by the masterful art of Samurai swords.
KAI has received international recognition for its Japanese kitchen knives of high quality and origin. KAI’s technique is based on the ancient art of Japanese Samurai sword forging. Continuous innovation and a constant drive for aesthetic design give KAI kitchen knives their unmistakable and global reputation.