The slicing sashimi knife is a long kitchen knife used to cut fish into thin slices.
The Kasumi Damascus Japanese kitchen knives are made of 32 layers of stainless steel and a core layer, that acts as a cutting blade.
- Steel core layer is made of VG-10 high carbon steel with cobalt, manganese and molybdenum vanadium.
- The cobalt addition technique is owned by Sumikama and it is a secret.
- The blade pattern is the result of repeated folding and forging of fine stainless steel into multiple layers.
- The manufacturing process is the same as the process of “Orikaeshi Tanren” of a Japanese katana.
- Hardness 59-60 HRC.
- Wooden handle.
- We recommend to wash the knife by hand and dry immediately.
- Made in Japan.
The Kasumi knives are manufactured by Sumikana Cutlery company in Seki, Japan. This company uses the latest materials and the most advanced techniques.