The Chef’s knife is the most complete and versatile of the kitchen knives, used for chopping, slicing and dicing both herbs and vegetables, fruits, meat and fish.
The Kasumi Damascus Japanese kitchen knives are made of 32 layers of stainless steel and a core layer, that acts as a cutting blade.
- Steel core layer is made of VG-10 high carbon steel with cobalt, manganese and molybdenum vanadium.
- The cobalt addition technique is owned by Sumikama and it is a secret.
- The blade pattern is the result of repeated folding and forging of fine stainless steel into multiple layers.
- The manufacturing process is the same as the process of “Orikaeshi Tanren” of a Japanese katana.
- Hardness 59-60 HRC.
- Wooden handle.
- We recommend to wash the knife by hand and dry immediately.
- Made in Japan.
The Kasumi knives are manufactured by Sumikana Cutlery company in Seki, Japan. This company uses the latest materials and the most advanced techniques.