The Chef’s knife is the most complete and versatile of the kitchen knives, used for chopping, slicing and dicing both herbs and vegetables, fruits, meat and fish.
- Blade made of MBS-26 stainless steel with a high carbon content, owned by Masahiro Co., Ltd. This steel is treated by three stages of quenching, sub-zero treating and tempering until the steel reaches its hardness.
- Asymmetrical edge, sharp 80-20 (fig. B). The 80 percent side on the MV-H is only 1/8″ high as compared to 3/4″ high on a traditional Japanese knife (fig. A).
- Masahiro edge is 35% thinner than a 50/50 straight edge.
- Hardness 58-60 HRC.
- Handle made from a high-quality resin, durable and resistant to bacteria, much more practical and longer lasting than a laminated wood handle.
- Ergonomic shape and traditional design.
- Full Tang with three rivets.
- Mirror finish.
- Lightweight and balanced knife.
Masahiro kitchen knives are manufactured in Seki, Japan. The MV-H series is characterized by its high quality, precision and perfection. Masahiro together with Masamoto and Misono form an elite group of the most prestigious brands in Japan.