The paring knife is a small kitchen knife with a short blade mainly used for peeling, cutting and carving fruits and vegetables.
Tojiro have been manufacturing a lot of knives using know-how of processing multi-layered materials. They originally forged multi-layer iron to make the core much harder and this created one of the highest qualities in the world. Damascus skills have been cultivated making forged Japanese swords and applied now on Japanese-style knives. “Easiness to use” is from western-style and “Comfortable grip and convenience of being able to change the handle” are from Japanese-style knives. It is a fusion of modern style and Japanese tradition. The Damascus steel has been processed by innovative chemical oxide color development that highlights elegant triple pattern. The beautiful 63 Damascus layers pattern is not too much to say that it is a headliner (*peeling and paring knives are 37 layers).
- Blade: 37-layer Damascus steel:
- Core: cobalt alloy steel.
- External layers: alternated layers of high and low carbon stainless steel.
- Handle: chestnut wood, corrosion resistant, with fire surface treatment to improve its water resistance. Clear coaring on its surface also prevents the degradation of its color caused by aging.
- Collar: polypropylene resin.
- Double edged.
- Tojiro designed smaller handles for the small knives such as peeling and paring peculiar to western countries.
- Made in Japan.
Tojiro is a Japanese kitchen knife brand focused in the sharpness of the knife. The combination of advanced technology and traditional technique creates a unique knife. A top brand among knife manufacturers in Niigata Prefecture, and also among the top 5 in Japan.