Knife sharpeners are devices safe and easy to use and the fastest way to sharpen kitchen knives. Sharpeners are NOT SUITABLE for one side Japanese knives and serrated blades.
- Innovative knife sharpener for left and right-handed use.
- Two levels are available for sharpening knives, depending on how much cutting performance has been lost.
- The first level, “Coarse”, is recommended for when the knife is blunt.
- The second level, “Fine”, is suitable both for fine sharpening following on from the first level or for regular resharpening of the blade. The ceramic slats grind the blade and the knife regains its original sharpness.
- Knives with a serrated edge should only be sharpened using the second level in order to remove any burrs that have developed.
- Wüsthof has designed the knife sharpener to make it easy for anyone, even without experience, to sharpen knives.
- As the device produces a cutting angle of approximately 30 degrees, it is suitable for sharpening all sorts of different knives.
- The blade of the knife is inserted vertically into the slot with the grinding slats.
- The rear end of the blade is placed between the slats and pulled gently through to the tip, keeping the blade straight.
- The ergonomic handle and the non-slip base of the knife sharpener guarantee safe handling.
- The process is repeated depending on the bluntness of the blade.
- In order to achieve the best possible result, the knife blades should be cleaned before and after every grinding process.
Wüsthof knives have to be sharpened by properly sharpening accessories. Wüsthof offers high quality sharpening devices: sharpening steels, sharpeners and whetstones.
Wüsthof, a German knife-maker based in Solingen, famous for its high quality products. Wüsthof precision kitchen knives are goods of the highest quality, meticulously crafted. These knives are a pleasure to work with for both professional chefs and amateur cooks. The Wüshof knife series have different ergonomic handle design to offer comfortable feelings for all different likings. In addition, Wüsthof offers accessories for these knives, like magnetic bars, knife blocks and cutting boards.