The Wüsthof 4516/26 CLASSIC IKON is a Bread Super Slicer knife that features comfortable handles with innovative design, full tang, made of special synthetic material. Long-lasting extreme sharpness is achieved thanks to PEtec – WÜSTHOF’s Precision Edge Technology. The Wusthof 4516/26 CLASSIC IKON Bread Super Slicer knife is forged from one piece of specially tempered high carbon steel as all the other knives in this CLASSIC IKON series.
Common features of a Wüsthof CLASSIC IKON knife:
- Forged from one piece of specially tempered high carbon steel to ensure outstanding strength.
- Innovative handles, designed for comfort and control.
- Knives perfectly balanced for effortless cutting.
- Seamless hygienic fit of the handle.
- Full tang handle, triple-riveted handle shells.
- Black handles made of special synthetic material.
- Specially designed bolster.
- Made in Solingen, Germany.
PEtec – WÜSTHOF’s Precision Edge Technology
- Super high initial cutting performance.
- Exceptionally long edge retention, long service life of blade and sharpness.
- Optimum cutting edge along the entire length of the blade
- Consistently high and reproducible quality
The WÜSTHOF Steel:
WÜSTHOF knives are precision forged from a single piece of chromium-molybdenum-vanadium steel. This specialized high carbon, stain-resistant alloy ensures that all the critical characteristics of WÜSTHOF knives are there from the beginning:
- razor sharp
- long-lasting cutting edge
- high stain resistance
- easily restorable edge
WÜSTHOF Steel Formular:
- X = Stainless steel
- 50 = 0,5% carbon – the carbon content is signi?cant for the sharpness
- Cr = Chromium for stain-resistant properties
- Mo = Molybdenum enhances the stain-resistant properties
- V = Vanadium for edge retention and hardness
- 15 = Contents of chromium in % (15%)