The Chef’s knife is the most complete and versatile of the kitchen knives, used for chopping, slicing and dicing both herbs and vegetables, fruits, meat and fish.
Cooking is not just preparing food. Cooking represents the big feelings and big moments, small catastrophes and epic triumphs, adrenaline and endorphins. Cooking is an approach to life – and as such, it demands the right knife! Wüsthof Epicure is the cooking tool for all challenges to be mastered in the kitchen. It combines the virtues of two great philosophies: the efficiency and lightness of Japanese knives paired with German quality and safety.
- The grip is designed to be a bit wider in the front third and tapered towards the back, which adapts to the natural contraction of the hand. This supports the ergonomically expansive grip position.
- The recontoured bolster effectively protects fingers from making contact with the sharp blade and imparts good control and safety.
- Every blade is designed without exception to have a wider shape, exerting more weight on the item being cut and thereby working with much greater efficiency.
- The newly designed bolster and its innovative geometry ensure that the weight of every one of Wüsthof Epicure models is evenly distributed around the center of the knife. The knife moves neutrally around this focal point for agile and effortless work.
- A special feature of the Epicure series is the material used for the grip, made of natural fibers and resin. It offers the pleasing feel of wood and is as sturdy and hygienic as synthetic alternatives. Epicure sends a strong environmental signal with its emission-free production.
- The backbone and soul of the Epicure knife is the single unit consisting of blade, bolster, and shank – made of one piece of high-alloy X50CrMoV15. The excellent qualities of the steel make a significant contribution to the sharpness and long service life which then receive a new dimension from the forging and subsequent hardening process.
- Hardness: 58 HRC. Flexibility and easy resharpening.
- We have developed the PEtec sharpening process to give every blade the greatest possible initial sharpness.
- Not dishwasher safe.
Wüsthof, a German knife-maker based in Solingen, famous for its high quality products. Wüsthof precision kitchen knives are goods of the highest quality, meticulously crafted. These knives are a pleasure to work with for both professional chefs and amateur cooks. The Wüshof knife series have different ergonomic handle design to offer comfortable feelings for all different likings.