The Chef’s knife is the most complete and versatile of the kitchen knives, used for chopping, slicing and dicing both herbs and vegetables, fruits, meat and fish.
The basic idea of Zwilling J.A. Henckels Twin® 1731 series is to combine tradition and innovation. The milanese architect and designer Matteo Thun has developed a visionary series that turns using the knife into an emotional experience by using a combination of exclusive materials and new technology.
- Quality: The knives are made of exclusive high-performance steel Cronidur 30 for corrosion-resistance, blade stability and lasting sharpness. Knives are submitted to the FRIODUR® technique and have been ice-hardened to improve their quality. These knives have great cutting properties, are corrosion-resistant and flexible.
- Function: The edge combines European and Japanese culture. Cutting along the whole length of the blade is possible due to the full edge.
- Precision: SIGMAFORGE® knives. Twin® 1731 series knives are precision-forged from one piece to get an impeccable geometry. This allows have exact grinding and best cutting properties.
- Handling: The blade geometry is wedge-shaped to deliver an optimum stability and an easy cut. The curved bolster shape enables a precise and safe handling.
- Highlight: The handle, made of untreated oiled ebony gives a unique character to the knife. The Zwilling J.A. Henckels logo is engraved in the knife.
Zwilling J.A. Henckels, the world leading manufacturer of kitchen knives, accessories and cooking tools, offers a wide range of innovative knife series, to satisfy both professional and hobby chefs. The Solingen based company has been creating kitchen cutlery of the finest quality and craftsmanship since 1731. Research and investment in new technologies have produced sharper, more flexible and more ergonomic knives over the years.